†NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN.
1. CONTEST: The contest title is: INSURANCE BROKERS MEMORIAL CUP TRIP CONTEST (the "Contest")
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Insurance Broker Associations of BC, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba, c/o 543 Granville Street, Suite 1600, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1X6 (the "Sponsor").
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies including Wawanesa Insurance, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor's sole discretion.
4. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on March 1, 2017, at 12:01 a.m. MST and ends on April 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (the "Contest End Date") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
5. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter by logging in to www.bestinsurance.ca/contest and fill out the online entrant information. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when the Sponsor's servers record the entry information. All entries must contain a complete first and last name, telephone number, postal code and e-mail address to be a valid entry and are subject to verification by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants must agree to posted contest rules.
Limit one entry per person/e-mail address.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor's sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entry forms that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
6. CONTEST PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand Prize trip package available for residents of each Western Province (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) Each prize package is available to be won by residents of that province only. The Grand Prize includes: (i) round trip economy airfare for 2 people to Windsor, Ontario, (ii) shared hotel accommodation, (iii) game tickets to May 20 and May 21 event hockey games featuring the WHL championship team, (iv) $500 expense money. Prize value dependent on winner's departure location and travel costs. Total value on no more than $4000 retail.
Transportation and accommodation for the winner and one guest selected and arranged by Sponsor in its sole discretion up to a maximum of $4000. The Grand Prize winner and guest (or guest's parent/legal guardian if a minor) must execute the Sponsor's Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms prior to travel. All travel is subject to availability.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Grand Prize or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
8. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: The Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, or being presented in advance, the Sponsor's time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call.
9. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On May 2, 2017 at 5pm PDT in Vancouver, BC at 543 Granville Street (the "Draw Date") the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winner in each province ("Selected Entrants"). The Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor's skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor's Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified by telephone within one (1) business day of the draw and will be contacted using the telephone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize, or does not or cannot travel, may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant's response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
10. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner and guest (or the guest's parent/legal guardian if a minor) must sign the Sponsor's Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties' control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant's participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, including any travel thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant's computer or to any other individual's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
11. CONDUCT: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in the discretion of the Sponsor. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Entrant information and Publicity: The Sponsor agrees to protect entrant information and share it only for the administration of the Contest. By participating in the Contest, contest winners consent to the use of their name, city location and photograph for the administration of this Contest publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of BC and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, BC.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Insurance: The Sponsor may require the winner and any travel guests to obtain travel insurance, including trip cancellation insurance, prior to departure, in the Sponsor's sole discretion.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor's marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© Insurance Brokers Associations of BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba 2017. All Rights Reserved.